Monday, May 25, 2009

Cough, cough, sniff, sneeze!

Oh the joys of the seasonal changes.
The change from summer to autumn is quite a tricky one and this year it feels like we have skipped autumn and jumped straight to winter, brrrrrrrrr! As soon as the temperature at night changes I can feel the difference in myself and also with the beautiful sounds of our children, sniffing, sneezing and the yukky dry cough. Blah. We've already had the first proper colds, Mia and Chris both came down with cranking coughs/snotty noses and Chris' seemed to go straight to a nasty case of the man flu - and nobody likes the man flu! I am reminded of a brilliant video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXLHWmjA5IE have a look when you get a moment cos it is all true!! Seriously though Chris has soldiered on through his flu and now we are on the other side. Mia on the other hand ... well the snotty nose just keeps hanging in there. I blame the two new teeth that have just started poking through the gums, they are huge and they look so damn sore! 3 solid weeks of teething is enough to make any sane person go craaaaaaaaazy. (And I never said I was sane.) Winter officially starts on Monday June 1st which makes me wonder how long it will be until the first ice on the window in the morning? May also be time to get the old poly props out for those chilly mornings so both children can be all rugged up and hopefully, fingers crossed, not have a cold or a sniffle for at least two weeks... we hope! xx


This is me with James and Mia smiling in the face of the cold virus!

No comments:

Post a Comment