Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Celebrating my mum

I've been thinking - I know we celebrate Mothers Day in May, but sometimes I think we need to celebrate our Mums on other days as well ... therefore today is my "extra Mums Day" day ... I think that makes sense.
My Mum is choice. She's just been down to stay for a long weekend and it was just lovely to see her, spend some time with her and really hang out. Mum decided to visit us at the last minute (thanks grabaseat!) so it made our weekend a bonus weekend and it also meant that Chris and I could have some much needed alone time. We had two hot dates out - dinner and a movie (I fully recommend The Hangover, funny as!) and then on Sat night we went over to a friends house to watch the ruggers. It was so nice to go out and not have to worry about rushing home to relieve the babysitter, cos our babysitter was asleep in the spare room! Mum and I did the usual things, went shopping, hung out at malls, went for walks and chatted - it was superb. My Mum was even the extra coolest Nana in the world ever cos she would just take James out for the afternoon to spend some time with him, one on one, just him and her. On Saturday they went to Kilbirnie Pool, James had a ball and was knackered after ,(bonus!) and then on Sunday arvo they caught a train into town and went cruising, ending up at Westfield for a while before making the trek home. Days like those are the ones memories are made of - I certainly remember hanging out with my Nana when I was younger and those days are still some of my fondest childhood memories. My Mum never judges, never (really!) passes comment and leaves you to make your own mistakes. She knows eventually I will figure it out ... eventually!! Mum, it was simply glorious to have to come and visit, stay for a few days and spend some time hanging out - I love you and think you are one cool Mum and an awesome Nana - thank you and Happy Mothers Day! xx

Here is a pic of my Mum and James having a good ole snuggle!

1 comment: